I’m a communications professional with 2 decades’ experience in creating, building and managing perceptions of brands across the agency (Ogilvy, Edelman, Text 100) and the client/corporate (Flipkart, Subex Systems) side.
I now am an independent communications consultant working with brands and agencies on their communications-related needs. I also conduct corporate workshops on assorted communications-related themes.
1. As a communications consultant, I work with organizations/NGOs/non-profits/start-ups to help plan their communications strategy across,
– looking at their communication outside-in, instead of inside-out
– identifying & building communication narratives
– digital/social media communication strategy
– content marketing strategy
– crisis communications planning and strategy
In essence, identifying the ‘what is your story?’ in sync with ‘who is your audience?’, and how to tell that story consistently.
2. My workshops on personal branding are for corporates (senior professionals), where I help them in identifying, nurturing and managing their personal brand, using social media. This is a day-long, personalized workshop that helps senior professionals start on their online personal branding journey, with a definite plan and goal. Clients include Fullerton India, IBM India, GE Healthcare, Mphasis, among others.
3. A variant of the personal branding workshop is for the core set of brand custodians, in the communications, marketing or PR teams (and beyond). This workshop combines personal branding through social media and an interactive module on building a narrative for the brand that suits digital story-telling. Clients include Omidyar Network India, Ashoka India, Swasti, among others.
4. I offer another variant of the workshop as an employee advocacy module. This is to help an organization’s employees become its brand ambassadors. Key clients include Maruti Suzuki India Limited (trained 400 employees across 200 departments), Radio Mirchi (training 100+ Radio Jockeys and 25+ Programming Heads), among others. This workshop is usually done in 3 phases:
Phase 1 – The basics of how to build their personal brand on social media
Phase 2 – How to create digital content to accentuate your personal brand
Phase 3 – How do organizations manage a crisis and what can employee advocates do during a crisis